Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Japanese Infantry

Below are some pics of a speed-painted Japanese Infantry platoon. I avoided using grass on their bases, as I didn't think it was fitting of the Pacific theater (red sun, black sand and all that...). These are definitely not some of my best models - actually, they don't even qualify into my usual standards! I just really wanted to get a platoon on the table and ready to paint. Note that I haven't added the flag onto the command stand yet. The infantry are all Command Decision, and the Knee Mortars are Quality Castings. I am actually thinking about writing a small article on speed-painting - would anyone else like to see this?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the figures, but in all honesty, the red sand is distracting. I think 99% of pacific gamers will likely use green felt matts (to simulate the jungle carpet) or tan (to simulate beach sand). The red will stand out as, well, red.

Regrdless of what the ground was really like, I would think that basing them with the usual sand color with clumps of green and branches and tall grass (or green with patches of sand, and trees and tall grass) the effect would be more pleasing to the eye.

Mr. Fox said...

Thanks Steve!

By "Usualy sand color" do you mean like I did on my Fallshirmjagers/88?

I will try a differant scheme on my second platoon...


DwarfMan