Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Polish Lancer (Officer)

I just finished an officer in the Polish Lancers (Waterloo Campaign). He is the first ever Napoleonic miniatures I have painted, and I had a lot of fun working on him. The model is a Prince August homecast, and was a very nice miniature - well sculpted and and well proportioned. From the pictures he looks glossy, but I can assure you that he is not like that in real life. I used an excellent book from my library called Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars, 1796-1814, by Philip J Haythrnthwaite. On Amazon.com it is quite expensive!








2 comments:

MurdocK said...

Another excellent piece of work, I can see that you have a real flair for these uniforms!

Mr. Fox said...

I really love painting Napoleonics - the uniforms are really fun to lavish detail on. And with Prince August, you can cast and paint hundreds of them!


DwarfMan